Brett Klisch, the inspiration behind and the host of the Creative Factor at Toy Fair is excited about putting on his 13th event. An inventor and designer himself, here is what had to say about this year's Creative Factor.
Brett: The event is geared so that people from all areas of the Toy Industry can learn something new as well as meet and hear great experienced people. Newbies to the business will benefit from the experience and knowledge our speakers have accrued as well as make many connections with industry experts.
Brett: This is the 13th year of the Creative Factor at the International Toy Fair. The Creative Factor started simply with only sculpting demonstrations that educated people on how to prototype toys. We evolved into the digital world with 3D modeling and 3D printing and then realized that designers would like info on other areas such as legal and business classes.
In 2017 the biggest innovations are coming in through the internet. Social media and influencers are replacing traditional marketing and advertising in many areas so we are working with Revfluence to show the audience how this very public but very secretive world actually works. And Crowdfunding has brought many companies into being that would not have existed without it. We have the biggest and best company in that arena "Kickstarter' hosting a panel with some of their brightest of 2016.
- This year we welcome back on of our long time Experts Richard Gottlieb from Global Toy Executives. he will be talking on the"Future of Play".
- We will have Charles Berzon of Pro Source Global will be talking on how to safely source your product abroad and how to navigate the world of international manufacturing.
- Do not miss Warren Tuttle and Matt Nuccio of the United Inventors Association of America give an in depth presentation on how to take your intellectual property and license it to a bigger toy company.
- We will have Jens De Pedro the founding art director of Toca Boca discuss how play designers can incorporate traditional play patterns into a digital realm in App design.
- Eric Bleich of Greenberg Traurig LLP will discuss how to formulate and implement a patent strategy for toy inventors and innovators, including patent searching,and applying for a patent.
Brett: The Creative Factor will take place at booth 5378 at the rear of hall 1C at the Jacob Javitz Center during the international Toy Fair. The show lasts from from February 18th - 20th, 2017. You can download the speaker information and schedule from www.thecreativefactor.org.
Please follow us at https://www.facebook.com/thecreativefactor for updates.